1. Legal Entity
The International non-profit association (Internationale Vereniging zonder winst) European Federation for Missing and Sexually Exploited Children (Fédération Européenne pour Enfants Disparus et Sexuellement Exploités) with its registered office at Rue de L’Industrie 10, 1000 Brussels, Belgium and registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under number 0478.917.308 (hereafter “Organizer”).
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Acceptance of these general conditions
By using the website www.notfound.org (hereafter “Website”) the user (hereafter “User(s)”) accept these general conditions (and possible changes thereof) without any reservation. If a User does not agree to these general conditions (and possible changes thereof), he/she must not use the Website.
3. Protection of privacy in relation to the processing of (personal) information
The aim of the Website is to give the User the opportunity to upload the URL of his/her 404 page as to allow the Organizer to publish on this 404 page pictures of missing children.
The Organizer processes information collected from the User of the Website.
3.2. Personal data
Personal data are defined as information that can be traced to an "identified or identifiable natural person". Examples of personal data are a name of a person, a home address, an email address, etc.
3.3. Non-personal information
The Organizer may collect non-personal identification information about the User of the Website whenever he/she interact with the Website such as the URL which the User voluntarily submits via the Website and which will appear on the Website.
Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo
With the prior permission of each User (log in), our advertisers (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo) place "tracking cookies" on his/her computer. They use these cookies to see which pages each User visits in order to build a profile of his/her online behavior. This profile is also built on the basis of comparable information obtained from his/her visits to other websites containing their advertisements. This profile is not associated with the name, address, email address, etc. of the Users, but is only to match advertisements to his/her profile so that they are - in so far as possible- relevant for the User. The User has the right to request access to and correction or deletion of his/her data by [sending an email to email@example.com with the request to access, correct and/or delete his/her data]. To prevent abuse, the User may be asked to adequately identify him/herself. When it concerns the access to personal data linked to a cookie, the User must sent the Organizer a copy of the cookie in question as well. The User can only remove the cookies him/herself, as they are stored on his/her computer. Please consult in this connection the manual of your browser. Facebook and Twitter On the Website buttons are displayed to promote or share pages on the social networks Facebook and Twitter. These buttons are realized by a code that is provided by Facebook and Twitter itself. This code places inter alia a cookie. Please read in this regard the privacy policies of Facebook and Twitter (which may change frequently) to see what they do with your personal data that they process with this code. Privacy
We take the privacy of missing children and their families very seriously. Posters and details of missing children made available through the Notfound.org app are sourced directly from the websites of nationally mandated missing children organisations across Europe who undergo and ensure the necessary permissions and privacy checks before launching a publicity appeal on their website and other channels.
4. Sharing information
The Organizer will not sell, trade or rent Users' information to third parties.
5.1. Intellectual property rights
The User recognizes that the intellectual property rights of this Website belong to or have been given on license to the Organizer and that the Organizer or the third-party licensor are the owners of these intellectual property rights. The Organizer grants the User only the right to use the Website in order to be able to use the services provided by the Website. The User is forbidden to reproduce or change, in any way whatsoever, the design, lay-out, text, data, databanks, domain name, software, the drawings, logos and/or the images on the Website, without the prior written consent of the Organizer
5.2. Use of the Website
The User may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the Website for his/her own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
The User must not:
- republish material from the Website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the Website;
- show any material from the Website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the Website for a commercial purpose; or
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website.
Whilst the Organizer endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, it does not warrant its completeness or accuracy: there might be technical, typographical or photographical mistakes on the Website. The Organizer does not commit to ensuring that the Website remains available or that the material on the Website is correct, complete and/or kept up-to-date.
The Organizer cannot be held responsible for any kind of loss or damage caused by:
- the actions or negligence of the User, including without being exhaustive, a faulty or unsuitable use of the Website or the Organizer's services.
- the faulty functioning of the Internet connection, broadband connection or any other service or infrastructure whatever, over which the Organizer has no control.
- defects in the hardware which the User uses in order to be able to use the Website or the Organizer's services.
- viruses, Trojan horses or bugs in the software which the User uses and which was not supplied or made available by the Organizer.
- the incorrect use of the Website, the Organizer's services or of the hardware which the User uses in order to be able to use the Website or the Organizer's services.
- brief interruptions in the availability or the functioning of the Website or of the Organizer's services as a result of a technical intervention (e.g. maintenance).
- any break-in or hacking into the Website or the URL of the User on condition that the Organizer has taken all reasonable protective steps according to the state of the art.
- phishing, pharming or any other forms of Internet fraud or other criminal activities.
- situations of force-majeure, including without being exhaustive, fire, explosions, flood, storm damage, lightning strikes, power-cuts, strikes and government measures. The Organizer is not responsible for and can in no way be held liable for unlawful actions by the User or violations by the User of rights of others via the Website or the Organizer's services. The User indemnifies the Organizer against any actions, claims or demands:
- which are the result of such unlawful actions by the User; or
- by third-parties who allege that a violation of their rights has been committed by the User via the Organizer's services or the Website. The Organizer does not guarantee the uninterrupted availability of the Website and the Organizer's services. The Website contains links to external websites. The mentioning of external websites on the Website does not imply that the Organizer agrees with the content of the external websites. Given the fact that these external websites do not fall within the control of the Organizer, the Organizer cannot be held responsible for the content of these external websites, nor for the consequences of the use of these external websites by the User.
7.1 Amendment of the Conditions
The Organizer reserves the right to amend these general conditions at any time. The amended general conditions will apply to the use of the Website from the date of the publication of the amended general conditions on the Website. Please check the Website regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the current version of the general conditions. The User acknowledges and agrees that it is his/her responsibility to review these general conditions periodically and become aware of modifications.
7.2 Complaints and contact
For complaints relating to the Website, the User can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org In case of any questions relating to these general conditions, the practices of the Website or the services of the Organizer, please send an email to the Organizer at email@example.com
7.3 Applicable legislation and competent court
Irrespective of the way in which and the place from which the User has access to the Website, the relationship between the User and the Organizer is exclusively governed by Belgian law. Any dispute concerning the interpretation and the application of these general conditions falls under the exclusive competence of the Courts of Brussels (Belgium).
7.4 Nullification, impracticability or unenforceability
The nullification, impracticability or unenforceability of any clause of these general conditions leaves the validity, practicability and enforceability of the general conditions unaffected, unless the general conditions cannot continue to exist without that clause.
7.5 Entire agreement
These general conditions constitute the entire agreement between the User and the Organizer in relation to your use of the Website.
This document was last updated on 5 October, 2018.